Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Positive Woman

I found this article quite interesting. I thought hta tit was interesting that what they deem as a The Positive Woman was more than just what is depicted by the areticle on how to be a good wife yet the concepts lined up. Howeve, i did think that it had good points. I am all for equal opportunity for women and fair representation but I do agree with their assesment that if the liberationist women were to have everything neutralized that it would be a disadvantage to society and to both women and men. I think that the innate differnces that Schlafty identified such as physical abilities and certain emotional and personality dispositions are good examples of why society could never and should never be truly gener neutral. I do find it interesting though that it seems that the woman's liberationist does not seem that they would beleive that a woman is or could possibly be content with the conventional role of a woman and they they would only think they are because they have been conditions by a sexist society to think that way.

No comments: