Friday, December 5, 2008
V For Vendetta
I really enjoyed watchiing this movie I ahd never seen it before and found it very interesting. One of the things that stood out to me was V's statement that you cannot kill an idea but that you can kill the man and how an ideology is stronger than ony one person because it cannot be killed the way that a person can. i feel that he showed how an ideology can be unifying through the use of his masks. He tried to give a voice to the voiceless with his tactics. Ultimately his attacks are no better than that of the governments but they did leave the room for the change that the country thought it needed. i particularly liked the quptation from the film about how "people should not fear their governments but governments should fear its people." i think that this points out the fascist nature of the high chancellor and also would call people to question the world that is running their lives. Another thing that I noticed about the film is that Evey tended to be cast with some form of light shining on her where as the members of the party usually were cast in the shadows and darkness. I think that this gives the viewer not only the impression of one being oppressive and the other liberating but I think that fore the light on evey it also shows the means to changes. she was an instrument that V used to carry out his plan and change the nation. This film carried lots of diferent messages and I think the last one that I found to be most powerful was the way V tortured Evey and how he says that through that process he freed her of her fear. I don't know whether or not tha tis a good thing but i did see how he wanted her to becaom like him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment